My name is Erick J Kolb. I am a licensed NYS Professional Engineer and Home Inspector. I have years of experience in civil engineering and construction in and around New York City.
I am a Licensed NYS Professional Engineer
To become licensed, engineers must complete a four year college degree, work under a Professional Engineer for at least four years, pass two intensive competency exams and earn a license from their state's licensure board. Then, to retain their licenses, PEs must continually maintain and improve their skills throughout their careers.
- Maintain a registered license with NYS Education Department, Offices of Professions
- I also fulfill my required 36 hours of NYS PE Continuing Education to maintain my license registration
I am a full member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is a professional body representing members of the civil engineering profession worldwide. It is the oldest national engineering society in the United States.
- Member in good standing with The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Fully Abide by ASCE’s Code of Ethics
- I also fulfill at least some of my required 36 hours of NYS PE Continuing Education through ASCE
I am a full member of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI).
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) is the world’s largest home inspector association.
- Member in good standing with International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
- Fully Abide by InterNACHI's Code of Ethics for Home Inspections
- Fully Abide by InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice for Home inspectors
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics Course for home Inspectors
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice Course for Home Inspectors
- I hold many InterNACHI certifications
- I participate in InterNACHI’s Buy Back Garantee
- I also fulfill at least 24 hours of Home Inspection Continuing Education every year through
“We’ll Buy Your Home Back” Guarantee
We feel very strongly that you should be able to trust your home inspector. And why not, he works for you, right? Well, we put our money where our mouth is. All of our home inspections come with the InterNACHI Buy Back Guarantee. We are that confident in our Inspections. Click on the picture to the left for details!
My Promise to You
Choosing the right home inspector can be difficult. Unlike most professionals you hire, you probably won't meet me until our appointment. Furthermore, different inspectors have varying qualifications, equipment, experience, reporting methods, and pricing. Ultimately, a thorough home inspection depends heavily on the individual inspector’s own effort. If you honor me by permitting me to inspect your new home, I guarantee that I will give you my very best effort. This, I promise you.